My dining room is coming along quite nice.
Molly and I went shopping at an antique shop in the suburbs and found a vintage brass chandelier from Spain. The chandelier was sitting outside covered in snow and dirt but it’s in great condition; no rust, no cracks but a few crystals are missing. For a few extra dollars I can replace the missing crystals and stay under budget.
Today I managed to touch up the paint and started to clean up the chandelier. I removed the crystals and took it apart to see the condition of the wires. Since the wires weren’t label I had to do extra work to find the black and white wires but everything internally is working perfectly. After assembling the chandelier I became an electrician; after cutting the power in the house I removed the old light fixture and secured the chandelier to the ceiling. Matching up the black and white wires is crucial to surviving. Luckily my house didn’t explode and the chandelier turned on. Ha!
Tomorrow I need to buy candelabra bulbs and paint for the ceiling. Also I am on the hunt for artwork, a credenza and maybe two lamps. Check out the photos of the progress and the brass chandelier.